|Road Accidents Unsafe Roads of Bangladesh|
Write a composition about “Road Accidents: Unsafe Roads Of Bangladesh”
Dear Students, Today we will discuss Road Accidents: Unsafe Roads Of Bangladesh. From this article, we will know about the cause of road accidents and its remedy.
Road accidents are always unwanted ama unwarranted. In Bangladesh, a lot of people die and get injured in road accidents every year. Many families bear the irreparable of losing their members. So road accidents are always full of blood, wails, cries, tears, and sad events.
Causes of Road Accidents
Road accidents have become a big problem in Bangladesh. There are some reasons behind this problem. They are described as follows:
01. Many of our roads are in very poor condition and need repair. It is very different for the vehicles to run on those roads.
02. Many of the vehicles on our roads also lack fitness and are ineligible for operation. These vehicles may be dubbed as the “Frigates of Death”. Their machine parts have gone out of order and they fall a victim to accidents frequently.
03. There are a lot of drivers on our roads who do not have proper qualifications or driving licenses. Some of them even work with fake driving licenses. They are not well aware of traffic rules and safety methods. As a result, accidents take place.
Measures to Ensure Road Safety
Certain measures may be taken to ensure road safety. They are as follows:
(1) Road safety campaigns are needed to educate all road users. Although reckless driving is a major problem, careless walkers also cause accidents when drivers must take evasive action to avoid them.
(2) Damaged roads should be repaired and kept in good condition throughout the year.
(3) Unfit and old vehicles should be kept away from the road.
(4) It should be ensured that the drivers have proper training and valid driving license.
(5) Appropriate road signs should be posted in proper places.
(6) Bus passengers should band together and become more proactive in discouraging dangerous driving practices.
(7) Enforcement officials should hold unannounced, on-the-road inspections for overloading and safety-related maintenance, particularly for older vehicles.
(8) Owners and drivers should keep their vehicles to a much higher standard. They also understand that it is not only a safety precaution but also cost-effective.
(9) There should be proper enforcement of law targeting dangerous driving and those drivers who operate under the influence of alcohol and other drugs and more severe penalties for offenses.
(10) Drivers should be taught technical, social and psychological skills to be safe and responsible professionals. Working within legal maximum hours and higher salaries may help in this regard.
Considering the gravity of road accidents, it is necessary to take the above-mentioned steps and implement them properly to limit road accidents.